Rental Hall Details
RENTAL HALL DETAILS
The American Legion Post 12 Veterans Hall offers for rent to the public our 2,500 sq. ft. event/reception area which will seat up to 150 guest.
This reception area includes a small stage for entertainment, announcements, or award ceremonies
In addition to the 2,500 sq foot event/reception area, we also have smaller conference type rooms available which can be rented as a stand alone rental without renting the large event room.
The Veterans Hall is ideal for the following:
. Birthday Parties
.Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties
.High School & College Reunions
and much more
We have ample parking for most occasions. The Hall is available to the public for rent Sunday thru Saturday. Most day and evening hours are available. The Legion will work to meet your needs. Be sure to check our website events calendar (above) to minimize scheduling conflicts and dates which may already be booked.
We at the American Legion Post 12 feel our facility is one of the newest and finest event venues for the money in Madison County. Our facility is newly remodeled and beautifully staged for any event.
The current rental rates for the large 2,500 sq ft event/reception room are as follows:
• ½ day rental (up to 4 hours) is $100.00 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours.
• A full day rental is required for events greater than 4 hours at flat rate of $800.00.
• In addition to the above event room pricing, a $100.00 non-negotiable setup/clean up fee is assessed.
• The current rental rates for the conference rooms are as follows:
• $75.00 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. Additional hours above the 2 hour minimum are at a reduced rate of $50.00 per additional hour.
In addition to the above conference room pricing, a $50.00 non-negotiable setup/clean up fee is assessed.
The following services are also available with your rental
1. High speed wireless internet
2. We have additional prep space out of sight from the event should your caterer need it
3. Post 12 has a non-alcohol bar and can provide soft drinks or other beverages.
4. For outside events, we have plenty of level, grassy areas around the property available should you choose to use the grounds for your occasion.
We hope you are impressed with our new facility and will consider us for your future needs.
The American Legion was chartered by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veterans organization. Focusing on service to veterans, service members and communities, the Legion evolved from a group of war-weary veterans of World War I into one of the most influential nonprofit groups in the United States. Membership swiftly grew to over 1 million, and local posts sprang up across the country.
Today, membership stands at over 2 million in more than 13,000 posts worldwide. The posts are organized into 55 departments: one each for the 50 states, along with the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, France, Mexico and the Philippines. Over the years, the Legion has influenced considerable social change in America, won hundreds of benefits for veterans and produced many important programs for children and youth.
Jesse M. Dykes – (1892-1918)
Jesse M. Dykes, was the first Madison County soldier killed in action in WWI. Jesse M. Dykes was killed in the Argonne Forest, France October 4, 1918. He was buried in France and later re-interred in the Richmond Cemetery, October 2, 1921, with Military Honors.
Thousands of people line Main Street to pay their respects to a soldier who had lost his life fighting for humanity. The Members of Jesse M. Dykes Post 12 took their place marching beside the casket as the honor guard and tribute to their comrade.